Saturday, November 22, 2008

a day only one could dream of

During my first trip to California. My sister, her boyfriend Ross, and I decided to get away one Saturday. So we loaded up the mini van with some bikes and drove over to the California coast. We spent the day bicycling along the Newport Beach Coast. It was a beautiful sunny day (well is there anything else in California). What a beautiful and refreshing site it was to see. The ocean and all the activity around it. We cycled down streets where we use to live and got to stop at the Balboa pier and walk to the end of it. We saw a seal- thanks to Haylie's good eyes. Which I had never seen before on the pier- a seal. It was right below us. So clear- It was awesome. And on this little bike ride we got to stop by Haagen Dazs and have one of my favorite shakes. A Bailey Shake. It was so much fun, more fun then I have had in a long time. And didn't cost any money- can you beat that. Nope, I don't think so. 


It really was a day only one could dream of. 
Oh... (sigh) I love California. 
The three of us on Balboa pier. Right in front of us is Ruby's diner. 
(you can kind of see the reflection of it in my shades)
My sister Haylie and I.
Haylie and Ross. 

And on the way home I saw this and asked Haylie to 
pull over and stop. I had to stop:  It was my name! 
You would have done the same thing! :)