Thursday, November 27, 2008

be grateful

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful day. Mine was very nice. We started the day off with a good old indoor soccer tournament at my Cousin Sam's house. Which to me indoor soccer is more fun to play then soccer outside. It was a blast! :) We played for over three hours. I felt like I did awesome and played hard. I scored many goals and felt like I was a contributor to my team. ( I also sweated my butt off and got in a really good workout). I am pretty sure though that I might have broken my toe or I did something to it. It is really swollen and has hurt all day even though I took IBprofen. I like to think that by playing indoor soccer all morning that I was preparing for the huge meal that we were going to consume later. Well after that I was already so tired. 


After coming home and showering and getting into some nice clothes we started the preparation for dinner. Dinner was at Chris and Katie's. And lots of family were there from Chris's side. Since Katie I feel like is the only one who looks on my blog- I can actually say to her publically  THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK THESE LAST COUPLE OF days and TODAY!!! And thank you for having me over to share Thanksgiving with you. So after we got ready we started preparing for the meal. Of course Katie had been preparing for the meal all day and the night before and Chris too so we just had a couple things left to do. 

The only thing I really helped to make in this meal were the rolls.  Rolls made from scratch. My Grammy Swenson's "famous Thanksgiving rolls". Well I think just her famous rolls in general but she always makes them on Thanksgiving. She wasn't there today but Katie and I still made them. And that was all I helped with to cook. 

You obviously know what we did next. Oh I was so hungry and I wanted to eat it all and lots of it but I felt like just minutes after I started to eat I was so full! Ha ha I felt stuffed and still do right now. Ha ha :). 

Then we just all sat around chatting. You know how families tend and love to do. One after one they all started to leave. We were left with a small group. And decided to go to a movie. I was already so tired but really wanted to go see this movie. We saw BOLT. A very cute movie and funny too. I just love those Disney Movies. I enjoyed it and am glad I got to see it. I recommend it to you! Of course it is about a dog- the whole time I just wanted to go home and be with my dog Roxy. Ha but she is laying here with me now so it is all good. 

I would say it was a wonderful thanksgiving. And yes there are no pictures. So busy I just didn't take any. That is always a huge regret after your done. 

But I also just wanted to say how truly lucky and blessed I feel in my life. I am really grateful for everyone who is in my life. Everyone! Being with the family is just another reminder how special family is and how important they are in your life. The people who love and care about you and are there for you. So many things I am thankful for. I figured I could make a list of ten so that I wouldn't be here all night. I don't know if you noticed in my previous posts but I kept saying the word "lucky" and that is how I feel. I feel very lucky for everyone and everything in my life. I am very grateful for all that I have in my life and everything that I have been through. I am thankful for my trials and thankful for my extended family who have been there to pick up where my mother left off. Top ten things in no particular order I am thankful for (don't judge me for my answers- it's off the top of my head). 

1. The opportunity to have a body and to come to this earth.
2. The Higbee Family: Chris, Katie and the kids. 
3. To be an American. 
4. To be able to walk, to speak, to listen, to see, and to eat. (Eat anything I want especially Milk. I don't know how I could live without it.)
5. Marge and Merrill Swenson: My Grandparents. For being such an influence in my life. For being such amazing people. For all the love they gave me. To be the ones supporting me behind the scenes. As I have gotten older I have found out that they were the ones who would pay for me to do things. For going beyond and above the title of a grandparent. 
6. Eternal Life. I will see loved ones again one day even after they have passed.
7. Movies. To make you laugh or make you happy or make you cry. 
8. I am grateful for a place I can call home. 
9. I am grateful to be born in 1989 in this generation where we have electricity and heat and the technology that we do. And the fact that they keep making it better. 
10. I am grateful to be a woman and the fact that it is not strange for us to wear heels! :)