Sunday, July 27, 2008

Oh Batman

It is time to report. What did I think of The Dark Knight (Batman). It seems like it is a popular subject for conversations these days... Let me start off by saying that it was a dark movie. I really did not feel a warm cheery feeling after that movie which was kind of disappointing. So there was a lot of killing... I couldn't handle it. But overall I liked the movie. Very well done: special effects were awesome, the message the movie gave you really made you think, and the cast was very good. The ACTING was AMAZING. I thought almost everyone did an awesome job. Heath Ledger really stole the show. He was great! He played the Joker so brilliantly. I really enjoyed watching him but it made me kind of sad that Christian Bale was in the shadows in terms of acting performance. I hated Rachel Dawes which was played by Maggie Gyllenhaal. Now Rachel Dawes (her character) was in Batman Begins but was played by Katie Holmes. Rachel Dawes is a childhood friend of Bruce Wayne's. Her mother used to work at Wayne Manor. She grows up to be an assistant DA at Gotham City, working under Carl Finch. I wish they would have just stuck with Katie Holmes. I hope they do a third Batman and that it focuses on Batman more and how cool his bat cave and stuff is.