Sunday, October 26, 2008

Merrill E. Swenson

A Tribute to Merrill E. Swenson 
November 5th, 1922- October 23rd, 2008

Grandpa. I miss you being here with us. I love you more then you will ever know. I am so grateful for everything you have done for me since I was born. You and Grammy were always so involved in my life (more than any other grandparents I know): from blessing me as a child to baptizing me when I was eight and being there as I received my high school diploma. I hope you know how much you influenced my life.  

I will miss your smiles. 
I will always remember kissing your cheek and feeling that fuzz from not shaving. 
I will never forget sneaking away and grabbing KFC snackers with you (our favorite snack) :) or how you and I would go down to the Donut Shop and you would let me pick a box of donuts. 
I will miss sitting in church with you and you always having little candy treats in your pocket that you would happily share with Grammy and me. 
I will always remember you, Grammy, and I going to McDonald's and sharing a box of chicken nuggets. (You got me hooked on those). 
I will never forget our many road trips to Utah (Just you, Grammy, and I). I realize now how special it was to just be the three of us. 
Thank you for always sharing your Pepsi with me ( geez I am sorry- I used to steal so many sips from you). By the way I think you got me hooked on that also. :)
I am so blessed to have had you as a Grandpa. I will see you again one day. 

Families can be together forever. I want to share my life with them through all eternity.