Friday, March 20, 2009

I ♥ Rubio's... and it loves me back!

They just opened a NEW Rubio's in American Fork located just a couple stores down from Down East (it's so cloossse to me, love it!) BUT any who anyone from California should be familiar with this place, but if your from Utah chances are you have never even heard of it. Well... because of this sad case but good for us who are from California or visit there often they do a promotion everytime they open a new location where.... ha ha here it comes. The first 50 customers at Rubio's on opening day get free meals from Rubio's for a year!!! Well Katie and I found out about this sweet little promotion the night before at their PRE-opening celebration which I was invited to because us Down East employees get all the hook ups when they open a new business near us. So Thursday morning (day of Rubio's opening) rolls around and my alarm goes off at 5:30 am. I set it early thinking well we want to get there early ha ha and because Chris told me Katie was leaving at 6 to go to wait in line to be one of the first fifty. Thank goodness I didn't get out of bed when my alarm went off because she was actually planning on waiting until after she had dropped the kids off for school. Well to chop the story short because I feel like I am just talking about useless info I woke up a couple minutes before seven- was tired of course. And laid there thinking, should I just go back to bed or no Is it worth getting up to get free meals from this place for a year! Well I popped out of bed, put some sweats on and was out the door. I got there around 7:25 and well folks I was number 42! Yahoooooooo!!!!!!! :) Ha ha and that's my story! I received free meals from Rubio's for a year. A total of $365 dollars worth! 


So.... Really that's not the end of this amazing story! :). I show up (7:25)... ha ha stick with me guys. And see around 13-14 people standing outside of Rubio's. No line, just random camping chairs everywhere. Call Katie immediately and tell her no worries you're good if you come right after you drop the kids off- I only see 13 or so people here. I go over to the group, start setting up camp because I was going to be there for a couple hours. Rubio's wasn't opening till 10:30. And a women calls me to her table and asks "Are you here for our Promotion?" Why Yes, Yes I am! :) (he he free meals for a year. Awesome)..... Go up there to start filling out this thing and EEEEEEKKKK I am number 42. I called Katie right away, at this point in a panic because only 8 more people were going to receive this sweet deal. I call her, and she rushes down to Rubio's. Got there around 8 and was number 49! She barely made it by just a couple minutes. It was a close one. But made for a very exciting morning and day! At that point we were both golden to receive free meals for a year and it was eight o'clock. Katie and I (and baby Coleman) jumped in the car and watched a movie- Run Fatboy Run (hilarious- you should watch it)- watched a movie till Rubio's opened and that was it. We all lived happily ever after. The end. 

we are awesome! 

P.S. Sorry this post was so random with many random thoughts. It's late. I'm cansado (tired!) :)
Nighty night.... I've got more to say tomorrow. More fun adventures......